CfP: SEMS 2017
I am on the TPC of SEMS 2017, held in between with IEEE S&P and EUROCRYPT 2017 in Paris. The CfP was just released. More info here.
Embedded and mobile devices that provide security and crypto functionalities, and manage private and confidential data are omnipresent in our daily lives. Examples of such devices range from smart cards and RFID tags, to mobile phones, tablets, and IoT devices. Ensuring the security and privacy of these devices is a challenging problem, as witnessed by recent breaking of crypto and security systems used in mobile phones, car keys, and RFID-enabled cards. Typical threats to extract the keys include side-channel and fault analysis. Additionally, the vulnerabilities of the devices imply also privacy concerns. The operating systems supporting some of those devices, particularly mobile phones and tablets, but also IoT ones, have become very complex. Various sorts of malware present a constant threat for users. Although measures like application sandboxing take place, they also open the court for new attacks by constantly collecting and organizing sensitive information about the user.
The workshop seeks submissions from academia and industry presenting novel research results on the following topics of interest:
– Security architectures for embedded and mobile systems
– Physical (side-channel and fault) attacks on embedded and mobile systems
– Hardware security of mobile devices
– (mobile) Malware detection and prevention
– Machine learning applications to highlight possible threats to user privacy
– Privacy-preserving issues for mobile devices
– Secure localization and location privacy for mobile devices
– Security and privacy in the Internet of Things
– Secure execution environments (e.g., TrustZone, TPMs) on mobile devices
– Sensor spoofing attacks
The one-day workshop will include presentation of peer-reviewed papers and two renowned keynote speakers, Prof. Srdjan Capkun (ETH Zurich, Switzerland) and Prof. Bart Preneel (KU Leuven, Belgium).
Accepted papers will be published by IEEE as the proceedings in “IEEE EuroS&P Workshops”.
- Submission deadline: 17 December 2016
- Notification: 20 January 2017
- Camera-ready submission: 13 February 2017
- Workshop: 30 April 2017